Did you know that just because your primary school’s admissions process is administered by the Local Authority, it does NOT mean that driving pupil applications is out of your hands?
Put simply, LAs do:
- Set the date from which parents can start to apply for primary school places
- Set the deadline for applications
- Set the number of schools parents can list as their preferred choices
- Release offers of places on Primary Schools National Offer Day
BUT LAs don’t:
- Arrange Open Mornings and events inviting families into the school
- Offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere at every touchpoint with parents, from the staff and pupils to the physical environment
- Promote your school’s USPs and communicate these to families in your community and beyond
- Ensure your school’s online presence is tip top for prospective families, from the website to social media
- Offer a wealth of information to prospective families about why your school is the right one for their child
For the 2021 admissions cycle, NOW is the time to plan and put in place your marketing strategy for reaching and engaging with prospective parents.
It really can make ALL the difference in helping families to choose your school.
So what are you waiting for?
Take a look at our previous blog for more practical tips and advice on boosting your pupil recruitment activity.
Does your school need more pupils?
For help with your school’s pupil recruitment strategy or if you’d like to know more about any aspect of our market research, marketing and admissions services, simply get in touch. We’re always happy to explain how our work helps schools to get results.
And do browse our Case Studies page to read more about how our work benefits schools and education organisations of all shapes and sizes!
School Marketing & Research Consultant and Chief Cheerleader
The Stickman Consultancy