Join our mailing list to receive juicy blogs, tips & advice straight to your inbox
Do you have pupil places to fill for September? Are you effectively promoting this to prospective families in your area?
In some areas, fewer than 85% of families are allocated their first choice primary school. This means that THOUSANDS of families miss out on their top selection. This is a big deal for them – their child is the most precious thing in the world to them – and so these disappointed families will be seeking alternative options for their child’s education. It’s also a big deal for YOU as a school looking to fill places, as this offers you a juicy pool of prospective families to reach out to.
This is your chance to promote YOUR school to them!
There’s no shame in letting these families know that you have a few places available and what your school can offer. Here are a few examples of how you might do this:
- Create a pop-up message on the home page of your school website
- Share your message on social media and encourage current parents to share with any friends, neighbours or colleagues they know who are disappointed with the school they’ve been allocated. Be sure to use the trending hashtag too e.g. #NationalOffersDay to enhance your chances of being found/seen.
- Post in any active community groups on Facebook where your target parents ‘hang out’
- Approach feeder nurseries – do they know of any families? Can they send out a message to their families on your behalf?
- Hang a vinyl banner outside the school gates
Emphasise the positive – what makes your Reception class unique? What bespoke facilities do you have? What is your teacher:pupil ratio? What are you known for? What’s the ‘magic’ that your school can offer? Quote your inspection report and current parents as credible and powerful persuaders. Let them know your school is what they need!
But hurry – these families have a decision to make!
The Stickman team help school leaders, bursars, and marketing and admissions managers to boost revenue via powerful and simple marketing strategies.
Join our mailing list via the form on our Home page to receive new blogs, sage advice and practical school marketing guidance direct to your inbox.
Alternatively, if you’d like to talk to us about any aspect of school marketing, admissions and communications we’d love you to get in touch.
Emily & the Stickman team